View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Thanks for the above Rich. I'll have a look at the service and see if it suits. However I can see the upload bandwidth being the issue. Essential business data is currently cloud based to protect against location destruction issues.

In the end the large data volumes is because I'm trying to protect my personal images, video, etc and also my own audio/film work media. Having lost a substantial amount of my early audio/video/film work, which I spent a reasonable cost converting in the mid 1990s from 1" stereo tape and 2" 24 track audio, ADAT, etc in RAID failure I don't want to go through the issue again. I can convert the audio/video sources again but finding play back machines for some formats is getting harder an harder. The tape quality is also getting more and more questionable as time takes it toll. The only format that's still almost perfect is my 16mm and 35mm film work.