View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape juice View Post
yeah fair enough, my thought was to get something with more km's and save 3-4k. Then use that money towards and engine build when this one goes.

IMO km's don't mean all that much. How a car has been driven and maintained is much more valueable information. Can completely agree if you find something with a good service history etc etc.

I assume the worst and that all people are liars, I'd rather bank on a 130 000km sti being thrashed and budget for a rebuild with my 3-4k saved. Than a 70 000km sti being nanna'd.

Again just an opinion, will keep my eyes peeled for low k sti's for ya though
The way i look at it is that its an sti so it would have been driven fairly hard, if not thrashed. So by waiting and finding a well maintained low K's example it limited how much of a thrashing the car has had. Its not just the engine, but the whole driveline etc. Tbh im looking for a very good example and i have not found one yet. I could live with 100k if the the car was prOperly maintained and had been looked after and was a very good example of the pig sti. But i have not seen one or driven one yet.

The one above has an after market sunroof, or it is a wrx club spec with sti parts. I think it may be the later as it is also missing rear window spoiler. And the fact that when i save his number into my phone it showed that i had already messaged him once before last year asking about his wrx when i was looking for one.