Thread: NBN plan
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncSubaru View Post
I doubt even in 2040 we will need anything more. Because Australia will NEVER EVER be a major player in providing important, time-critical data or information to the rest of the world. Period.

America, China, and Europe will always house everything. Its never going to change. Australia is too diverse and distant, and too expensive for any company to even consider it.

Like has been said already, you can replace your copper with fibre now. Get your local data contractor to organise and install. Pay him the bill, and off you go.

Putting Fiber to the node is perfectly acceptable. Then the local premises can decide do they need fiber or not.

I am a professional gamer and Control System Software Engineer. There are plenty of NBN Benefits for me. Yet I still sit here saying we dont need it. I must have some seriously good reasons for my view. My Amnet ADSL2+ yields me 18mbps, theres nothing I cant do in a reasonable time. If you cant be entertained for 30minutes while downloading your bluray rip, then you probably have bigger social problems that need to be dealt with.

Sam is spot on - all the retards that are complaining and campaigning just want to commit piracy without being bored while they wait. Sooner rather than later this is going to catch up with us.