View Single Post
Old 13-09-2013, 01:48 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Rex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid View Post
Looks good but the thin spokes means you need good brakes to complete the look. You have an STI so that won't be a problem.

That aggressive an offset will rub. You will run into troubles, especially with the rear guard "lip". Probably have to have a reasonable amount of height on the suspension, stiffer suspension, stretched tyres, heaps of camber, guard, work, or any combination of those things.

I ran a 17x9 +48 with 245 tyres and they barely fit. Had to give up the "slammed" look and had about 1.5 deg camber in the back.
Yeah i thought they were pretty aggressive and i think they will look really good
I don't however want to have my car slammed and too impractical
I was thinking either 245 tyres or 255 with those rims and will get some fully adjustable coilovers.
The rear fender is a problem the one i have isn't able to be rolled unfortunately
What do you think would be the max offset I could run without "slamming" my car as i would like it low with a little camber.

From my rims atm 17x8+55 to the 18x9+35
1010TIRES.COM - Wheel Offset Calculator says that my inner clearance will be 7mm more (not of my concern) but it will extend 33mm more and looking at the gap with my rims atm I really don't have a whole lot of room to play with i'd say like 25 max before i have to start some camber.