View Single Post
Old 22-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

The OEM Diff is actually very good. MSF guys have upgraded to aftermarket items and had limited gains.

It locks very well and the only let down is the Steering Wheel sensor which limits boost after a certain steering angle is reached, causing the car to be jerky and break traction very east out of corners due to the fact I cannot get power down smoothly.

So it is the software not the hardware letting it down. Is was causing my corner exit speeds at the last track day to be less desirable and it was spinning both wheels up going from limited boost to full boost instantly... So effectively being pain in my ass.

Hard to explain, but I have disabled that and I will be reinstalling the boost per gear limiting with the COBB. This mated with better tyres next round should make it more manageable with extra power

I am not going to kid myself in saying it will be a blistering circuit car, but it will be fun at the track/strip, quick on a roll-on, a nice daily driver and a pretty decent sleeper.

Also somewhere in amongst all this I will have to organise a new brake setup. Perhaps just beastly pad/disc or Big Brakes to slow her down.

Last edited by Dan [GTI]; 22-09-2013 at 10:48 PM.