View Single Post
Old 24-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Haha...yea well I've given up on worrying about the warranty and I'm now modding it like I want.

The diffuser bit was the dealer and still happy about that

Emjay - See I had a weep (saw a bit of oil stain on it while looking inside the bay under the wastegate) through my rocker covers too...

Took it to my 6 months service last week and the dealer said it's fine, they checked it, cleaned the oily stain, and tightened the bolts on the rockers, said its normal for a bit of a weep, and will be fine. Apparently normal for a little bit of oil to escape when the gaskets have been changed previously...

Just to monitor it now and see if it weeps again, then will mean definitely need to change but good for at least another year, as it wasn't leaking.

Was that what happened to yours? did the yard just feel like changing it because they saw an opportunity for some quick cash... or am I getting fed with bull?

I'd like to know if they tried putting your's through the warranty and it got refused as I was hoping that mine would cover this eventually...

If not guess I'll be wiping my bum with mine soon too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
hahaha werent you the one spouting how amazing your AHG warranty was? They installed a diffuser for free? etc?