View Single Post
Old 13-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
The intercooler to throttle body hose is problematic on MY08 onwards. It's awkward to get to and it has a double lip rubber seal that often gets oil affected and swells up making a good seal difficult.

The missing breather hose will be drawing in un measured air causing erratic idle and mixtures. Was something more involved than a service completed at the time? Such that would require intercooler removal?

I will also add that I'm not in favour of cameras being used on cars in workshops. I have a sign on my door requesting they not be used while cars are being serviced. It's no one's business what is said or done in my workshop as long as the work is completed properly.
Nope, the only thing that was supposed to be carried out was a 50,000km service. I did go and check my fuel gauge, it does seem like I've used a bit more fuel than I normally would have for the distance the car has gone.

The camera wasn't put on to record them, it's just a perminent fixture in the car. To be honest, I never really thought about that side of things, or even had thoughts of watching the footage, but once I started finding things wrong, that gave me thought about the camera.
I do understand your point about the cameras, (if I ever was requested to turn it off before leaving my car, I would unplug it) however, I do not agree with them disconnecting or playing with items in the car that do not relate to the service. Anyway, if there was no issues from the service, or things had been completed, I would never even bothered to look at the video, why would I?

Also, is there a name for the hose that was disconnected? (so I know what to refer to when I call the 'workshop')

Last edited by gumby; 13-10-2013 at 10:40 AM.