View Single Post
Old 15-10-2013, 07:16 PM
STI Master

Slap Dash knows their stuff

Umm no, imo I'd say battles these days are just as good if not better in F1 of today. As previously mentioned a lot is happening in the back behind Vettel, just the coverage is focused generally on the top tiers... Korea for instance had a fantastic display, if not the best of the Season for the battle for 4th with Hulkenberg vs Hamilton.

My main argument & an example; Is prior to DRS implementation there was fuck all overtaking or "real" challenges. Yes you got the talented driver once in a while from the like of Schumacher, Hakkinen, Senna.

But overtaking & challenges rarely occurred, it was in part a side effect of incredible cornering speed & high downforce in the older f1 cars of the day. In effect it caused high turbulent air (aka Dirty air) behind the older cars, which made it impossible to get anywhere close enough to a car to make a pass. The sport got boring & stale.

In turn the FIA approved & implemented DRS to solve in part the problem. Way more interesting these days, however I will say that Vettel's Dominance as of late brings me back to Schumacher's dominance of the day.

IMO It kind of made F1 stale & abit boring. You could almost predict the winner & if not it was always "Oh Wonder who's going to beat *insert name*". Hamilton has even come out telling the media that Vettel's dominance is hurting the sport. Time will tell I guess.

Korean Grand Prix 2013: Lewis Hamilton says Sebastian Vettel's dominance is killing F1 - Telegraph

All a matter of Opinion, but that's my 2 cents. Onto F1 New Delhi India!

Having a modern day PC without an SSD is like hiring a hooker for hugs.......

Last edited by Slap Dash; 15-10-2013 at 07:17 PM.