View Single Post
Old 16-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Wr3nch0matic at standard level

I'm checking all around the circuit, I even jumped the solenoid to battery ground and power to make sure it works (and it does, I even blew through it to make sure the solenoid was switching the air flow), and I can't find a problem. The solenoid does not tick when the check mode connectors are connected and the ignition is on (eng off), but I can't figure out why.

For clarification: this is a USDM Impreza 2.5RS with a JDM(?) EJ205 swapped into it. I bought the thing from Canada; it came with the harness and ecu. I spliced the harness myself using a combination of NASIOC posts, PossumLink's V5 wiring guides, and USDM RS wiring schematics as guides. The car runs and drives, but the check engine light is on and the ignition(?) cuts out under boost. I'm really hoping it's not the ECU. I just bought the damn thing.

Um... some specs I pulled looking at it tonight:
Voltage drop across the solenoid is only about 2 volts while the check connector is connected and the wastegate solenoid was clicking away next to it. Resistance is in the 40-45 ohm range, like I said.
Measured 0.2 ohms between the ecu pin (B134/26) and the solenoid ground side (both connectors unplugged).
Measured 0.002 volts between the solenoid power side pin and battery plus (with the ignition on, 12.65 volts with the ignition off).

Any suggestions?