View Single Post
Old 17-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff
Unhappy Le Fail Le Fuel Pump.

So went to the drags and did a few runs. Couldn't beat my previous best, which I thought was odd seeing as better tyres and more power should mean faster... However on the way home the car started to run like a pig and would not hold full boost.

The car would spool and then slowly lose power, not a sudden/violent action like boost/fuel cut but more like a boost leak. So plugged the COBB back in on the way home and went through the live data and made a crappy discovering (luckily on only the 2nd pull).

My Fuel Pressure was not holding at all and was struggling to hit 1BAR in any gear so called Allen at EDGE Autosport and gave him all the details, what happened, the conclusion; aftermarket fuel pump internals are farked.

So new Autotech Internals ordered with express postage and should be here on Monday and hopefully install them the same day or Tuesday. Cannot thank EDGE enough for the advise and quick order, but this is nothing out of the ordinary for these guys

So it will be a shitty few days of limping the car to and from work (only 9km each way). I will post picture of old internals if any viable damage is found and I will be following up with the manufacturer.