View Single Post
Old 20-10-2013, 09:29 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

django at standard level

I put a new genuine AFM in it a few months ago,it ran good for 2 weeks then reverted back to shit.

Cleaned the AFM with the correct MAF cleaner but still ran crap,2 weeks ago I notice that my Airbox lower is missing the 2 plastic tabs that hold the Airbox lid down, ive since seen its a common problem!!. I took the Airbox out and put 2 screws on the lid for now so the Filter seals correctly until I can get hold of another stock Airbox.

I cleaned the AFM 2 weeks ago with ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL as Id ran out of the MAF Cleaner, from googling I see many are using that Isopropyl Alcohol as it leaves no residue. The car ran really well for just under 2 weeks again then reverted back to spluttering,sluggish acceleration,hesitation. Ive since cleaned the AFM again twice ...this time with the correct MAF cleaner but it didn't do anything this time.

I'll have to source up another INTACT Airbox(they all seem to have either 1 or 2 of those tabs broken off!) and buy yet another AFM, then see how it goes from there I guess?