View Single Post
Old 28-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

I get what you meant now...

I would have thought that the amount of power required to make the wheels spin on tarmac would be stressful to the components...also I have no idea how I would make the wheels spin on tarmac (without burning the clutch or Im too scared to try)...maybe on a slippery bit of tarmac like at rac?
I just went for a lap and launched fine at around 5500, no clutch problems...but heard a little clonk couple of times thought might be the lsd engaging or driveshaft, or just that shitty space saver cover moving in the boot along with the tools...I reckon that was it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty05 View Post
if you are launching at around 4-4.5 k without any wheel spin there is alot of stress being placed on the driveline components as everything goes from being stationary to trying to turn at roughly the same speed you are doing in 1st gear at 4k whatever that is whilst trying to shift the weight of the car, with a bit of wheel spin that load is greatly reduced as the driveline is able to spin up freely whilst still moving the carand as the tyres start to gain grip the car is already moving
what i was referring to above was i thought the vid you posted was what you were basing your argument for getting launch control as the car launched quite easy on the dirty road
mechanical sympathy is all i am getting at
good luck with the launch control