View Single Post
Old 31-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehowlfactor View Post
City of Stirling Heritage Protection listings often include streetscapes and front gardens. For that reason they may deny you permission. Depending on what part on Mt Lawley you are in and what council you are part of, that part of the Heritage Protection may differ.

From City of Stirling website.

To ensure heritage character is retained, protected and reflected in any new development, Inglewood, Mt Lawley and Menora are classified as Heritage Protection Areas within the City of Stirling. Find out more about our heritage protected areas.

The retention of heritage buildings, gardens and streetscapes is important, as these are the features that give the municipality its special heritage character.
Given the above, the City of Stirling has established three Heritage Protection Areas:
Inglewood
Mt Lawley
Menora
Some buildings in these areas are included on the City's Heritage List and Municipal Inventory , but many more contribute to the character of each area.

Local Planning Scheme No 3 outlines the intent of the Heritage Protection Areas, which is to ensure that their heritage character is retained and protected, as well as being reflected in new development. New buildings, where they occur, should be designed to fit into the existing streetscape, and be designed in a similar style, scale and proportions to the existing heritage buildings.

The main objectives of the Heritage Protection Areas are to:
Ensure the retention of buildings in the Areas dating from the early 1900s to the 1950s where the architectural style of the building is generally intact
Ensure that new structures, alterations and additions are in keeping with the heritage character, scale and proportions of surrounding buildings, and designed to fit into the existing streetscape
Maintain and improve existing street trees, grass verges and front gardens
Retain mature trees wherever possible
Provide a framework for the assessment of development applications in line with the above points.

The City has also adopted the Character Retention Guidelines for the Heritage Protection Areas which outline standards specific to each area.
For further information please contact the City's Approvals Unit via stirling@stirling.wa.gov.au or on (08) 9205 8555.
Must be the "property" in me I didn't have to read that to know that would be the case.

Oh wait ... I forgot that I live in nazi council Fremantle to know that would be the case. Here they fly camera drones over your property photographing to ensure you're complying.

Last edited by GTB Liberty; 31-10-2013 at 10:58 PM.