View Single Post
Old 14-11-2013, 09:16 PM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level
Default Trading in the 02 for an 06 Evo 9 WRX - Should I?

Hey guys,

Popped into Subaru today after work to grab some coolant for my car and ended up having a little look around and come across a very nice looking 06 that caught my eye. It's dead stock, straight body, leather interior, and looks great. Couldn't find one dent or scratch.

I currently drive an 02 wrx, which I do like. The bugeye look has even grown on me but this new rex just looks too pretty for me not to consider.

So far my pros for going for it are:
Nicer interior
Body in better condition
Nicer looking overall
2.5L more low end + torque
Lower ks

Cons
My wallet won't like me as much anymore
I abandon a car that has done well by me (though I'm sure we'll both get over it )

Price at the moment is $21k, but I plan on trying to talk them down a bit to see where I can get. They're also valuing my 02 wrx to see if a trade in is worth it, I go back on Saturday for a drive and further discussions.

Ultimately I won't be making a decision until I've given it a decent drive but I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts or anything I should consider.

I won't have lost too much in work on the current 02, I've just done the clutch and radiator really.

And to finish, pics of both. Thanks in advance for input duudes. Finally got my licence too so I'll have to come out for a drive with you guys soon