View Single Post
Old 14-11-2013, 10:13 PM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehowlfactor View Post
I love the pignose shape (bit bias since I own a 06 myself) and it looks much better once you change the rims and lower it. Add a new exhaust and a tune and you've got an awesome looking and performing car. Check out Tony's, RJ999's and even my driveway threads if you get desperate if want to see how they look once you mod them a bit.

I guess it all depends on how long you are thinking on keeping the car too. By swapping over you are getting a car that's 4 years newer and with any luck will have less problems and lower k's.
Yeah I have been looking at a few builds, just checked yours out now and it looks sweet. They look so clean already, you just need to do a few bits to bring it all together and you have a beauty.

I planned on keeping my 02 for years, but I keep finding myself too envious of newer wrx models to keep hold of it. The bugeye look has grown on me but it is still a bugeye. In the beginning it was just the newest model I could afford, and I didn't like the gc8 interior much so I went for it. Over the last six months I've been eyeing out other models and I do think the peanut is one I can really love. So to answer that question, probably about 5 years or more haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apg39 View Post
Bet they offer you $5-6k trade in. Then you'll walk out.
Possible, and something I'm ready for. It's not the end of the world, there's always a private market out there. It will take a bit longer to sell and will put me out of a car for up to a few weeks while I find another car I want to sink my money into but I can deal with it. I think I have come to the point now though where I do want to move on from the bugeye.

Anything around the $8k mark will satisfy me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4eva93 View Post
I'm a bit biased but I say go the piggy, as you say it's newer,lower kms and just looks awesome

You also probably won't get much for the bugeye as they normally sell for 10-12k at dealers, also if you get it make sure the 06 has service history and been looked after cause you don't want to sell a reliable car to buy a lemon.....

Yep it has a full service history, and one female driver. I know, we hear it all the time LOL but I saw the evidence in the log book today. The car is bone stock, not even an exhaust or muffler, feels like a good start.

Thanks for the input guys