View Single Post
Old 27-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRecardo View Post
At the moment I'm thinking the usual exhaust + tune, then wheels, suspension (lots of reading to do here), wheels, and then further looking around under the engine bay for performance. New turbo, tmic, etc.

Exterior mods I have planned are:
Replica STi spoiler
STi front lip
Eyelids maybe??
Colour code back chrome piece?
Darken/tint rear lights (subtle, not blaaaack)
I put on eyelids when I had the MY08, looked ok but there was a fair amount of crap that got stuck around the edges when washing the car.

You can order the rear trim piece already colour coded for around $160 USD (might be a bit more due to the current exchange rate and they aren't too hard to install.
Will be happy to lend a hand should you need one!

MY11 rims (ie Anth08's car) will fit quite nicely, or if you want something of the 18" variety then some 18x8.5 +44 would fit nicely (like Trolley's car).

Suspension wise you have a few choices now, lowering springs, coilovers, custom springs and strut combinations (RCE, Swift, Bilstein, Koni, etc), should be enough reading around here to keep you busy for a while!
IMO, there is way too much slop in the 08 models, so I would go down the path of handling and suspension instead of power first.
Might as well get some new bushings for around the car, ie transmission slop is never a nice thing!

Edit: If you can get the genuine rear spoiler, I find they line up 100% and don't require any cutting of the brake harness.

If you want to order the rear trim piece, than you can do some from this link.
You will need to specify the colour code required (32J from memory) when checking out.

Last edited by Soksta; 27-11-2013 at 11:06 PM.