View Single Post
Old 28-11-2013, 09:08 AM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soksta View Post
I put on eyelids when I had the MY08, looked ok but there was a fair amount of crap that got stuck around the edges when washing the car.

You can order the rear trim piece already colour coded for around $160 USD (might be a bit more due to the current exchange rate and they aren't too hard to install.
Will be happy to lend a hand should you need one!

MY11 rims (ie Anth08's car) will fit quite nicely, or if you want something of the 18" variety then some 18x8.5 +44 would fit nicely (like Trolley's car).

Suspension wise you have a few choices now, lowering springs, coilovers, custom springs and strut combinations (RCE, Swift, Bilstein, Koni, etc), should be enough reading around here to keep you busy for a while!
IMO, there is way too much slop in the 08 models, so I would go down the path of handling and suspension instead of power first.
Might as well get some new bushings for around the car, ie transmission slop is never a nice thing!

Edit: If you can get the genuine rear spoiler, I find they line up 100% and don't require any cutting of the brake harness.

If you want to order the rear trim piece, than you can do some from this link.
You will need to specify the colour code required (32J from memory) when checking out.
Thanks for the info there dude, lots to read through. Cool to know that I can just buy the trim piece already coded, I'll probably go down that path now thanks.

Definitely hear you about the slosh, it's ridiculous. Needs to be so much stiffer, and I'm with you on doing that first. I'll be reading into handling parts to take that straight out of it and make it sit on the road properly. That is one thing I noticed from the 02 straight away.

Will probably pass on the eyelids now that I've looked at them more and read what you said there, I was already on the fence and I don't want to cheapen anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid View Post
Can't believe i'm giving props to that poof, but look at Trolley's for inspiration.

Not a fan of darkened tails...looks so ghetto and attracts police attention. Perhaps consider redding certain parts (unless you are keen for darkened tails, then go for it!)
Yeah I agree with you on the darkened tails, though I have seen a couple of examples I like. Going red with the overlays is another idea, something I might go with. I'm just not sold on the clear tails.

I've been through Trolley's pics a few times, his car looks great.

@s20525xxx

Thanks for the input dude, don't really feel the need to do something different just for the sake of doing something different to be honest. We'll see though. Clean and simple is going to be my look, I don't want to get too flamboyant with anything.