Thread: Another WRX
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 08:07 PM
STI Master

riceman1991 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Hey man. Had a good look at your car at the JDMWA/hiroshima screamers cruise last friday. I was really impressed, one of the nicest GC8's i have seen yet.
Cheers mate.. I could say the same about yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Wouldn't happen to have that DIY anywhere? When I loosely put it in, there was quite a gap, but yours looks good.
I initially fitted a standard wrx one in about an hour and screwed that up first. I spend a good 4 hours cutting and checking, and finally filing down the STI one.. Eventually got there and looks the goods.

I kept looking at these pics to see how much was required to be cut off..

Carbonrex's My00 Gc8 Wrx - Rexnet Subaru Forums - Page 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiz View Post
Check my driveway thread I posted it not long ago iirc.

Car looks good Rhys, get rid of 18s I rkn, 17s and more slammage

Never been a fan on 17's but i see what you mean. I initially went 18's as i already had tyres in my garage to suit. I am happy with it looks wise. And it already scraps the front lip and exhaust on most decent sized speed humps, so if anything its going to be raised up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I have also picked up 05-07 STI bottom mounts to suit my STD coilovers for the conversion. and also ordered dba 4000 slotted fronts and oem replacement rear 5x114.3 rotors as the ones I had were worn out..

Just need to order gearbox and diff oil, and I have everything for my driveline conversion, which should be all in a couple of weeks
Kato (13-12-2013)