View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 11:18 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

mavx4 at standard level
Default gearbox/clutch problem

hello everyone,
some of you may know of the little issue I had with the clutch a few days ago (aka clutch disappeared). I got a Exedy Stage 1, new bearings, new slave cylinder and machined flywheel put in so I can get back on the road again.
now, the car is shuddering quite a bit when I put it in first gear or reverse since I got the new clutch installed and I kinda understand that I will just have to wait until the clutch is fully bedded in.
Question is, is it normal to feel like it is shuddering to the point it feels like the whole car is shaking? or old engine and tranny mounts are to blame?
also, I have been finding it a bit difficult to shift into and out of first and second gear since i got the new clutch. it is fine most of the time, but sometimes it just feels like something is blocking my shift and I have to force it out of a gear. This doesn't happen to any other gears, just first and second. anyone happen to know what it could be?

19.5psi tune 271.6HP@6000 351.3NM@4700