Thread: cut and polish
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Sir AntiLag

VUSSUTE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
Man I'm not getting into this but:

Start lightly, use gradients of polish, move to more aggressive cutting if needed, cutting agents can be very aggressive, using wet & dry sandpaper is VERY aggressive, once happy with results go back down the scale to achieve polished finish. Dual action polisher, make sure your pads are appropriate for the compound. Pads types effect the level of cut.

If I can hand polish off red spray graffiti paint off many panels on the barge that says a lot of what can be achieved without a machine.

Potential of fucking paint with angle grinder, aggressive pad, heavy cutting compound and inexperience ... High.

The professionals using the lightest high quality polishing compounds with a machine will remove between 1 to 2% of paint depth. It's easy to get it really wrong.

I hope you are not thinking a "metal cutting disk" with the angle grinder. The cutting disk im talking about is the foam pad. Its what you use to remove the orange peal effect from a freshly painted car. You really should have experience before using them though. I have been using them near on 12 years now. I did how ever, the first time i used one, cut right through the paint to bare metal, so the previous comment someone made was right and i should of mentioned experience is necessary.
How ever, once you have mastered it, you can keep your paint looking like it did from day one....

Not fast enough dammit!