View Single Post
Old 18-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Evosub at standard level

More stuff

So ive got the engine out and in bits, its not in too bad a shape besides some scored bearings.
My machinist wants me to stroke it to a 2.5 but it seems theres alot of screwing round to make that happen. I reckon ill just put some decent rods and pistons back in and freshen some parts up. I managed to break a cam wheel on removal as hercules himself must have tightened it.

So a phone call to Subaru cost me $500 bucks with new timing belt, timing covers(busted that as well), crank cog and trigger (as it was seized from the beginning of time so I heavy fisted it). and some other bits.

Ive actually got no idea if this engine is an 02, 04,05 sti/not. The pistons dont look forged, the deck is open,the coil pack is off centred but the numbers dont make sense, meh, ill forge it myself!!!!
The VF 35 Turbo apparently is a good thing so we'll see how that tunes up with the Power FC.

The engine pics are boring and i didnt take many.
Here are some of my roll cage. Its only trial fitting st the moment, have done some drawings for the chassis mounting brackets as the floor is too thin.
OMFG tho, i didnt realise id be cutting the dash apart to fit it. Meh.

Starting to look a bit more respectable now. Just need front Bar and lights
2012 Ford escape soccer dads car