View Single Post
Old 20-12-2013, 02:11 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

mavx4 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Dash View Post
I worked for a Telco for a number of years (iiNet - Faults) & Sorry but the Charge is legit & fair in my opinion.. The Work was completed by Telstra's own accord or still needs some work to be completed by technicians in the field. (eg. Installation or termination of Leadin cable to Premises).

In most circumstances all work is done & completed by Telstra prior to anyone paying them a cent. Eg. Leadin Cable to premises from the Pit, To Pillar, To Exchange.

You will Typically find that when a new house is built the charge is applied only to the first connection & this is for Telstra to recoup their costs & time. Thereafter is a Standard $59 connection fee which involves a tech performing the termination at the exchange MDF, in which terminates to your carrier of choice DSLAM.

Have seen friends bitch about the same thing previously, before being explained what the charge is actually for. They tend to understand in the end. None the less; Telstra Can still Die in a fire .

but it is not a new house. and there was a phone number at some point and I was told it is no longer available. I understand that $299 is fair for first connection and the physical line and stuff. but another $299 for having it reconnected just to get Naked DSL again? how does that work?

19.5psi tune 271.6HP@6000 351.3NM@4700