View Single Post
Old 23-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Probably unrelated but, last sprint race I drove to the track, did warm up run, no issues.

First race run I pull in and park up, five minutes later head out to see coolant running out from under my car. A lot of it yeah, so naturally being a cynical cunt I figure my day is over and Betty is going home on a towie.

Chris Beerens and another older gent with an akubra ( can't remember his name ) came over and had a chuckle at my expense, then told me to start her up and drain the overflow down.

After that the overflow settled at normal level and gave me no trouble for the rest of the race meet. Car's temp never went above normal.

My coolant has not been changed yet due to the age of the car - long life coolant etc so couldn't really blame over filling.

Sooooooooo the point of my story. The night before I was doing my pre-event checks and was twisting the radiator cap off ( let the vacuum and gurging settle as usual ) but my phone rang and distracted me so I secrewed the cap back down before vacuum was broken.

Did the partial air-lock cause my overflow? I have no idea but probably...