Thread: Peanut 2.0
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff
Default Track Days - More Power

My first Perth-WRX collie day was awesome was a good experience and to finally have the car running was a big plus. Afternoon was cut short when i split a radiator hose and power steering and alternator belt, which was probably a good thing due to the about of rubbing i was doing in turn one, don't need to be ruining AD08's. Limped it home fine thanks to help from the usual suspects.

My first no limits was an absolute blast and will do my best to get to more event throughout the coming year. Managed to get into the 70 second mark on the long track with only getting 1 lap with traffic out of 4 before a certain rotary decided to drop oil all over the racing track. So after the delays we changed to the short track and with the light fading fast was a daunting task but well worth the reward once the confidence grew and my battle with Dave driving Master D's old bug helped spur me on to a handy 58.9 on my first night out at barbs. His 58.3 on his first night out on the short track even more impressive

In summary the AD08's are godly and the sti's are awesome cars to drive on the track and i loved every minute of it. I noticed a fair bit of understeer as i started to get more confident with my lines and how hard i could push. So swaybars ALK and some bushings seem to be on the cars

More power ? Would like to push towards 300whp

Turbo wise ? TD05 20G ? Blouch Dom 3 ?
Injectors ? Size ? Brand ?
Any other suggested mods ?