View Single Post
Old 30-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ999 View Post
STi has more better stuff than just brakes lol

Depends what you want to do...
If you want to mod/tune and track it, then STi for sure...it's beast, and stock vs stock will be heaps faster than any wrx any day.
Sti has better drivetrain, suspension, links, control arms, etc etc, it's geared towards performance.
To get the handling of an STi in a wrx you will have to spend a fair bit on suspension/brakes, then add engine/drivetrain, and the list goes on....

If just daily the 2009 wrx is newer and has better features etc etc, you can still mod it to be beast but will cost you half your bum lol...
if you don't want to mod/tune etc then it is a newer/nicer car and would be the go....but I give you a month of seeing faster nicer looking/sounding/going wrxs around you and you will give in guaranteed

Remember most of the wrxs on the cruises are quite done up and beast!

edit: even though the STis are built with performance in mind, it's still very daily driveable...I'd go the STi
Quote:
My two cents..when comparing these two, the year doesn't really matter, it's more like STi or non STi
You might find that your wrx will lose more value per year than the 2005 STi...

Edit: if it's the blue 05 Sti going for 25k, it's mint and low kms too! bargain!
Quote:
Yea you will definitely be thanking yourself over and over for going the 05 STi ...join the driving with huge happy grin on face club hehe

There is also an unmodded 06 STi with 90thouKMs on carsales for $31k, bit over your budget but sure can try use some bargaining skills...but then its the 2.5l engine which is still great unless you go chasing ridiculous hp, like 350 atw! then need to get forged internals later to push safely past 350...which isn't a problem anyway... 05 Sti seems to be the go... identical KMs and save yourself $5k
Quote:
Tbe and tune delivers a bucketload of power for your daily and weekend forrest rallying

That's all you'll need for a while...

The 08 wasn't too bad...I'd go 05/06 over any 08-10 anyday... 2011 is when Subaru found their senses again and produced another hardcore monster STi like the earlier (99-2007) years like masterD said in his post

Go the 05 or 06 >> WIN or WIN

Edit: Do not buy the 08 STi -- research piston ring land failures, knocking, oil consumption, etc...
Eye pain!

HHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElpmmmmmeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

For once I agree With Master D - MY11 for the win.

Or the 08sti....