View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Alternate.......because that's what they usually put out which is why you have a regulator to control them.

Ross.........They are Chinese (like the vast majority these days) Solraiser models SMP-ST-100w and Solraiser SMP-ST-200w, bought on Fleabay from two different suppliers at different times thought they were both sent from New Aim over east.

The regulator is a Solar 60 also from Fleabay and the inverter is a 2000/4000w unit which I'm also having problems with, works fine connected to the battery's without the regulator but if it touches earth on the body of the car it will spark???????

The 2 main battery's are brand new 130ah gel and work fine but being a Transit it also has 2 x 70ish ah battery's under the drivers seat, the working battery is isolated from the starting battery as soon as the ignition is switched off, it's a great system and as soon as I start the car you can hear it click in and see it charging all battery's as I have a voltage gauge in the cig lighter....it charges at about 13.6-8, this is enough to pretty much fully charge them after about 2hrs driving

The solar panels were hooked up to the regulator for the first time yesterday as it seemed pointless when I installed them because they were only putting out such a pissy charge ( I just hooked them straight to the battery's ) but it's made no difference apart from not letting the inverter work.

The regulator was showing 74% full last night when I tried to get the inverter to work, I had my 20ah charger on them for a couple of hours, I'll see if longer will help.

Just seems strange that both panels are bad yet from different shops and other people I've spoken to have had no probs and had them charging up to 19v

Willing to travel and pay for repair, I'm onto both suppliers but doubt I'll have much luck with them, one didn't even have a copy of the purchase (both have 99.6 & 99.7 rating so hopefully they will help).
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.