View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 09:11 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level
Default Damn Marriage Breakup - Waddyado?

Yep... after 28 years of being together, 26 of them as married, with 3 terrific kids all over 18. Been separated for almost 2 years under the same roof (DAMN, that's hard for a bloke).

While she called the separation, I recently called the divorce coz she refused to do so. She said that the only reason to call divorce is because of plans to remarry? I just don't get it.

Decided the house had to go on the market and a For Sale sign is out the front now . We have two thirds equity over the mortgage.

Did a list of goods & chattels, valued everything and by what I thought was a fair list for mutual agreement (I'm giving her twice the value of what I want to keep), she is still hostile and in heavy disagreement. While at the same time, she don't wanna involve lawyer$.

She just lost her receptionist job, and advice I've received is that I could be liable for "spousal maintenance" coz of loss of job & earning capacity.

Oh, and she gets to keep the WRX coz my Subi wagon is for my tradie job & we each need a car upon divorce .

Any advice guys/girls?
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)