View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektre View Post
Ok, so XT has already touches on it.

Long track is actually quite daunting, even with people that have driven a lot. I can only reply with the stuff that I have been taught from other people. Did anyone go out with you?

Turn 1 - hard corner after a quick straight, aim for the cone that is placed just to the right of your line near the sand trap. Turn in with no load after heavy braking and when nearly straight power down

The esses - the elevation change is the big one here. Coming out of turn 1, aim for the v8 pit exit on your right then left onto the ripple strip up to the cone they put out. Turn right to aim for the other ripple strip. Hard thing here it to carry speed and keep pushing past the crest. If you ease up tail gets light and you will spin round quite easy.

Hard braking straight then turn in, aiming for about a metre off the left ripple strip. Let the lsd take you round the corner in 3rd gear being smooth with your throttle application whilst banking left. Aim for the cone on the left, once reached turn right, clip the ripple strip on your right with WOT. Change gear, let the car wander over the concrete gutter on the left, then straighten up then take a breath till you hit the bowel.

Hard braking up to the cone just to the right of your line, turn in and aim for the ripple strip to the right then let your car wander to the left gutter. Power all the way from the cone. Should be hitting 5th as you are coming over the hill.

Hard braking on last turn at around the 150m mark with a sti, wait until you reach the cone on the left ripple strip then turn in and clip the right ripple strip. Trick here is to not to turn in too early otherwise you go wide on your exit.

Hope it helps, like I said, I'm.no expert but I have had a lot of instructors with ne during my time..

Seat time is winning

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Awesome advice, making me wish i was home for the next no limits so i could go for a blat