View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 10:45 AM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

Dropped my car into subaru (first mistake) this morning for a service and look over.

Service being $300 with an upper engine clean. Sounds fair. Then get a call 2 hours later saying they had the service wrong and its actually due for a big service. Ok, figured that was coming soon enough. How much? $1100. What are they doing for that outside of a normal service?

Air filter change
Rear diff oil
Gear box oil
Spark plugs

What. Seriously? $1,100 for that? That is stuff I used to do on a Saturday morning in the garage with the bugeye, and I think I'll be doing that again. At least this way I will also know what oils are going into my car etc, I just won't have a warranty anymore. Might explore other workshops now too, Subaru are just conveniently close to work.

There's also a noise coming from the RH/S when I turn sharply which I am pretty sure is a CV joint going bad but they claim there is no issue there at all, despite the noise. I guess warranty items are ignored like that?

Maybe what they're quoting me is a standard price around the place, but $800 extra to change over those few things sounds like a lot to me.