View Single Post
Old 22-02-2014, 07:06 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

StephenR at standard level

[QUOTE=dangriffin87;788693]I have had a new turbo bk exhaust fitted along with a new boost solenoid and a tune.

My car is a my11 sti, it feels like it has not gained any power it actually feelers smoother and the turbo doesnt punch no more, they told me it already had be tuned and they needed to unlock the ecu and then they tuned it. Its running at 239 hp at the wheels which does not seem alot at all to me!!

At a guess the previous tune was boost spiking which some people love but is the path to detonation and fitment of a new short block.
Currently in this hot weather you will not see high HP figures due to the hot intake temps.

Also the turbo does not punch when it comes in now and when it does the boost solenoid ticks so loud. I cannot hear the turbo anymore either. I dobt think they raised the boost at all, what is a safe boost level for them to raise it to?

Looking at the dyno plot the Manifold pressure which is to the far left is peaking at 114 Kpa which converted is 16.50 psi so the boost pressure has indeed been raised.
The ticking will be a exhaust pulse resonance from the new dump pipe which is not as insulated as the factory unit .( i could hear it on my stock dump which amplified when my butler system went on)

Can someone give me there opinion on this matter?

Thanks

Dan[/QUOTE

Did you change the pump at the same time the other mods were done?
It is normal practice to limit boost pressure with a standard pump due to the need for more pressure/volume required which will quickly max out the max duty of the standard unit.