View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Scooby_001 at standard level
Default MAF Output changing with electrical load

Hi guys,

Got a weird one hoping someone has an idea about. I have a PFC with a bunch of mods but I've tuned them one-by-one and know all specs are correct. With the stock AFM on, the feedback is spot-on and electrical load has no big effect on AFR. I've now installed a Z32 AFM and I've got the correct settings and with no electrical load everything is spot on and AFR is exactly as it should be. But when I add some electrical load to the mix, the AFRs go rich eg if I'm stopped and idle is at 14.7, if I turn in the headlights, AFR will go to about 13.5 - add aircon and the radiator fans and it'll be about 10.5! As a direct test I've got the attached screenshots taken within 5 seconds of each other - both at idle - one with headlights off and other with headlights on - headlights off is at 14.7 afr - headlights on is at about 13.5 afr - all sensors report the same, the only thing that changes is the MAF voltage reading - I can understand if the voltage feedback went down when there was electrical load, but the voltage from the MAF actually goes up? I've attached the no electrical load image to this post

Any info or ideas u can give me would be awesome

Thanks heaps
Rich
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (244.0 KB, 15 views)