View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ashes at standard level
Default Time to say hello.

I've stalked these forums long enough, drinking from the knowledge pool regularly; I think it's only fair I share my story, Introduced myself and hopefully contribute something meaningful.

A year and a half ago my mechanic informed me that it was time to let the Prelude go - sad times - beautiful car but getting long in the tooth. I began the search for a new car craving something cheap(ish) and fast.

Enter Perth WRX.

Growing up with Gran Turismo, I'd always admired the rex, found a nice looking GC8 on these forums (Cheers Mattuz), test drove and bought the first one I found. The car was Immaculate, running a VF34 with supporting mods and bumping out about 225 HP, I was having a ball.

All was running smooth and on May last year a good mate shouted us entry to a No Limits track day at Barbs for my birthday.

P1010075.jpg

Everything was going great guns, until I discovered there were limits; expensive ones. The WRX bottom end. I took limping rexy to the friendly chaps at Race Torque, who confirmed suspicions and it was game over for the 205. Weighed up the options and decided to pop in a new EJ207 bottom...

POP

P6290050.jpg

And over the next month, with some fantasitc help from mates, in it went... Now some time has passed and I've finally got around to fixing my wastegate issues and running some decent boost. Had the car tuned at All Star Garage yesterday and It's humming sweetly and I'm a happy boy, cheers fellas.

IMAG0011.jpg

So. I'm Ash, That's my story, This is my car; Hello.