View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 11:25 PM
STI Master

riceman1991 at standard level
Default 06 sti 6-speed into gc8.. HELP ME!!

Today I started to put my 6 speed in my car..

I put on the flywheel and then clutch, I then grease and aligned the fork / thrust bearing onto the shaft on the box.. Had some mates come around and helped me lift the box onto the engine.. I noticed that the gearbox has a hole for the bolt but the engine block doesn't one, is this normal when fitting a 6 speed to a gc8?? All the other bolts lined up and now it seems to be nicely mated to the engine..

A few questions....

1. How do I engage the thrust bearing onto the clutch, when I push it, seems as though it is being pushed the wrong way, when engaging/ disengaging the clutch?

2. I have swapped over to the 06 sti slave cylinder, but i'm unsure how it works due to the above and also there is nowhere to attach the return spring. ( I have heard about pull or push type clutches, but don't really understand, maybe this is where I am getting stuck)

3. does anybody know the correct procedure of bleeding the clutch system

I tried clicking the thrust bearing onto the clutch my pressing the fork towards the firewall but nothing. I also tried bleeding the system, and as i applied force to the pedal, the push-rod popped off the clutch slave cylinder, and the fluid went everywhere.

Last edited by riceman1991; 11-03-2014 at 11:28 PM.