Thread: RJ's STi
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
Let him put it into a wall on a track, it will be only himself that gets hurt. It's when he "launches" it on the street with all these ultra hardcore suspension mods and other road users that I worry about...

There is nothing wrong with someone dreaming up a mods list for their car. Let him fantasise about bolts and chassis stiffening and 11 inch wide wheels.

RAJ99998's wish list show's he has not got a clue what he is doing, and in time will only sell up when his wish list turns his car into a cluster f*ck of a ride. How long would a person stick it out with suspension causing understeer, on wheels that are so wide the wheel arches will cut into the tyre, on a car that vibrates and drones due to upgraded bolts and bushes.

I think the users of the forum are getting sucked in a tad, I can read the frustration as experienced people offer invaluable advice only to have RAJ9999995 ignore it, do the opposite, quote something from some google search, etc.

The advice I would give to anyone is : one modification at a time. Mod, try, evaluate, repeat.
Matto...why the unnecessary flaming? Did you misread all these post and somehow thought I'm ignoring them....I'm being serious, did you miss it, that Im taking in all this invaluable advice.
And clearly you think I was born yesterday and I'm an idiot if you think this shit is for the road.

Mate, this just shows you just cannot provide clear feedback without karnt flaming...
it just shows you've just taken a liking to flame me for no reason...ok go on I've just given you a clear go to have your biggest crack at me yet, show me what you got, its now water over rocks for me.

Its posts like yours right there that deter any enthusiastic newcomer from asking for info and also make so many silent members on pwrx. What should I have done, just gone and done this stupid bolt mod without checking with the experienced crew first or just ignored the really valuable info I got that completely turned me away from it (that's what you seem to believe to have happened!)...ffs

Now if you would please stop being such a karnt...hey by all means your allowed to correct me or share you thoughts but in a way and manner. The internet is fucked. No more comments from me on this.

Edit: Bury that hatchet mate...show up at a Friday lunch, have a beer and relax...

Last edited by RJ999; 19-03-2014 at 12:40 AM.