Thread: Which Tyres???
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level

re read parts highlighted in bold simon.... Said would not buy again if I would use them as track tyres again for more serious track work speaking track, and RS-3s/ad08s will own those anyday anytime as a dual track/daily tyre, this was my point. I would buy those as a daily but not for any serious track work, but they're ok for the odd skidpan/tuning day

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ999 View Post
Why you don't go the RS-3s? Heaps better tyre in terms of performance than any of the ones above, as in they'll handle well on a track when you do track days as well as daily.

Pirelli P Zero Nero's and Rosso's are great tyres for the road but the tread melts the harder you drive them(track) plus they scream like a biatch when cornered hard.
I'm currently on P Zero Rosso which is a step up from Nero, and never getting Pirelli's again if I'm going to track them.
Don't get me wrong, they are great for a daily and handle seriously hard driving no problem but don't do well on a track once they get seriously hot, feels like you're driving on rubber thats about to melt, don't like too much heat..it's a Pirelli thing lol... but they are the best tyre in that price range you're looking at based on the tyres you listed above.

P-zeros Neros/Rossos with daily driving and 2-4 skidpans/track, will last you a year tops if rotated/managed properly and deliver buckets of fun.
Edit: Just get the Pirellis if you can't get RS-3s, they will be great, don't worry about my comments, was providing too much info. I've been very happy with them as a daily, just now thinking more track and need something better.

Last edited by RJ999; 28-03-2014 at 02:22 PM. Reason: rephrased