Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary View Post
More top end - keep bottom end as much as possible

300kw+ ATW on 98 550NM+

Basically defy physics

Seriously I expect to lose some bottom end and slower spool but that is why the EFR is quite tempting.

With Fullrace telling me that an EFR 6758 is 53lbs/min and a GTX3071r only 2lbs/min more and then following on to say that it will spool faster than a TD05 it sounds too good to be true.

The big question is will 53lbs/min provide enough flow for 300+kw ATW?

See email below from Fullrace

Are you able to give me some advice on sizing for an BW EFR.

I have a Subaru Legacy GTB with a Cosworth CS600x long motor (2.65L, 272 Cams etc)

I currently run a stock location Blouch TD05-18G XT.

I am looking for more power while trying to retain a much low end spool as possible.

Is the 67/58 0.64 the correct size?

Does a 7163 fit in the stock location?

I have attached a dyno of the car currently and I would like to gain 50kw at the wheels.

response

Hey Shane,
That turbo is between 43-47 lbs per minute. The EFR 6758 will be 53lbs per minute, but will spool faster. The 7163 will fit in the stock location but we are still months out on having them in stock.
The EFR 6758 would get you the gains you want and the spool as well.
I don't believe a TMIC will handle 400hp Shane, I honestly don't. What are your thoughts on this?

If you want 400hp & only 400 (300KW) I would get the 3071 & get it now, fuck waiting "month out" I don't know anything about the Borgs, so the 6758 may also be the go. I honestly believe the quicker spool that is advertised of the Borg 67, will be fuck all in real terms. You "should" be able to get yourself a 3071 for around 1500 - 1600. You wont have to pay import tax, plus the very average exchange rate we have right now on the borg.

The Borg, has / is newer better technology. I do know 2 people who have tried a standard 35R vs a GTX version & noticed negligible differences. At best you may be talking 300rpm or so earlier spool, which in the seat of the pants is almost as quick as the blink of an eye.

If, which you probably will want more once you have got used to the 400hp, get the 3076 & be done with it. If you think you may be falling asleep one night & be thinking I want more again, start thinking rotated mount & a GT40 or even GT46 / Precision 6788.

What you can do is fit the 3071 & see how the top mount holds up?

Simon.