View Single Post
Old 16-04-2014, 09:47 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenR View Post
Yes mark , yes you are .
And cat i think its time you hit the rallysprints now !
Yeah he's an old fart
I'll most likely wait another year until I tackle the rallysprints, still have a lot to learn/upgrade before I'm ready!!

Anyways the day at barbs was fun only thing was is wasn't timed but my mate used his phone to time my laps and for the long track I was getting consistent 1:13's. The limiting factors were the tyres and brakes....after 3 laps I was getting brake fade so I had to back off early down the hill to make sure I didn't go sliding in the sand and in general the brakes are meh so slotted rotors and decent pads will be next!

Also found out how much I hate understeer.....I normally use dccd when on the track but for one run I decided to turn it off and got through the chicane and just started going up the hill and it decided to pull me into the grass and scare the living daylights out of me when I thought it might roll, I'll post some videos later for judgement on my track skills

pretty much the last few days the car has taken a beating with Racewars,Barbs and tonight the Motorplex. The track tonight was shit and I couldn't even launch without axle tramping and a some other issues and I've realised that the Extreme heavy duty clutch I have just isn't going to cut it anymore so I'll be looking at getting something that can put up with my abuse and not bloody stick to the firewall.