Thread: scary spec
View Single Post
Old 17-04-2014, 09:30 AM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughStilin View Post
I don't believe a TMIC will handle 400hp Shane, I honestly don't. What are your thoughts on this?

If you want 400hp & only 400 (300KW) I would get the 3071 & get it now, fuck waiting "month out" I don't know anything about the Borgs, so the 6758 may also be the go. I honestly believe the quicker spool that is advertised of the Borg 67, will be fuck all in real terms. You "should" be able to get yourself a 3071 for around 1500 - 1600. You wont have to pay import tax, plus the very average exchange rate we have right now on the borg.

The Borg, has / is newer better technology. I do know 2 people who have tried a standard 35R vs a GTX version & noticed negligible differences. At best you may be talking 300rpm or so earlier spool, which in the seat of the pants is almost as quick as the blink of an eye.

If, which you probably will want more once you have got used to the 400hp, get the 3076 & be done with it. If you think you may be falling asleep one night & be thinking I want more again, start thinking rotated mount & a GT40 or even GT46 / Precision 6788.

What you can do is fit the 3071 & see how the top mount holds up?
I don't think the top mount will be too much of an issue - the Process West one I run is as big and thick as a small front mount.

Intake temps drop to the 40's as soon as you get moving (even at Wylie on the weekend where heat soak in the lane saw over 75 before the starts)

I think the one thing that I haven't pointed out is

THIS IS A ROAD CAR NOT A WANNABE RACECAR.

I think that as soon as the decision comes that I need to do a twist mount, FMIC, exceed 300kw ATW etc this no longer is the car to be sedately driven on a 20km round trip to work and back everyday - it is already closer to being a pain in the ass than I would like for everyday.

Hence it will not live on E85 until it is readily available, be chopped up for a front mount etc etc

Stock location turbo and daily drive with enough poke to keep me entertained for track days etc.

Now is not the time for me to have a track only car because my expectations are too high for what I want - but if down the track I feel the need for more then I will build something without the compromises that will suit what ever motorsport I am looking at.

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi

Last edited by scary; 17-04-2014 at 09:31 AM.