View Single Post
Old 30-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
I am actually using a lot of Xbox One, or a media player like WDTVLive, and using the YouTube Pairing, so i setup a playlist up via youtube.com, and they all stream directly to big screen TV's i have paired.

Can even do it via the Phone App, which is cool.

Works pretty well.
To watch YouTube material I simply Airplay off my Ipad to my AppleTV as none of my TVs have a "smart tv" seTup with a YouTube app.

One of my favourite devices is my Synology NAS which allows Airplay via an app called DSvideo which allows it to directly Airplay to an AppleTV or just recently to a Google Chromecast device. The DSvideo app is availed for Ipad, IPhone and Android (I believe). Very handy for watching my TV and Movie collection that resides on my NAS. It also allows the material to be watched directly on the mobile devices as well via streaming. It can also allow movies/TV to be uploaded to the device for watching away from home.

If any other of the tech heads want to help in write ups such as how to set-up an AppleTV to get USA based Netflix, Hulu, HBO etc feel free.

Last edited by GTB Liberty; 30-04-2014 at 09:44 PM.