View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level
Default Help: Brake issue PMu F906 HC+

I'm wondering if anyone knows why I'm getting this issue with my Pmu HC+ (F906 P-Mu's not pmao-u's hd kais)

Had them fitted by AllStar to my front brembos on my STi and there is an annoying squeak while driving/rolling.

I know it's normal for these pads to be noisy when braking, I'm ok with that, but they go squeak squeak squeak when rolling at say 40km/hr or when I start rolling from a complete stop until I get to speed.
Also the squeak seems to be more pronounced when in a turn with gravity forces on them, probably more pronounced in a right hander for some reason. (Sometimes they squeak at like 70km/hr too)

It's not the wheel bearings, been checked by Stechnic/ASG, it's definitely the brakes. Had the rotors machined on Friday at STechnic, and the pads bedded in again, didn't help.

When I first start cold they don't squeak, but after a 4-5 times braking they start to squeal when driving/rolling as described above.

Is it just how the PMu HC+s are? or is there something else. I can recreate the squeals at any speed if I very slightly left foot press on the brake pedal while driving and it will squeak squeak... would a fluid flush help or be useless?

Looking for responses from people who have used/are using Pmus and not pmaos, I've used those too in the past and know how those are, thanks.

If its just the way these are then I will switch to some other pads for street and switch to pmus for track days only...I'll leave them on for a few more months see if it stops as the pads wear more, they've been on the car for about 3 months now, this didn't happen in the first 2-3 weeks with the new pads but then suddenly started.

Last edited by RJ999; 05-05-2014 at 11:41 AM.