View Single Post
Old 15-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Scoobie Noobie

bailz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
Russ the 'You play - You Pay' quip is because he has added rods, exhaust & another tune etc - which he paid for beyond the scope of the dealers agreed repair.

The dealership is entitled to say - "you had additional modifications carried out at your own cost - good bye" (I hope they don't - but they 'could')

Assuming I'm saying the failure is his fault is an extremely stupid thing to say Russ. Even for you.
I supplied parts for the bottom end rebuild.... I never paid for the bottom end to be rebuilt.... I simply supplied the parts to the work shop and they fitted them. I only supplied the parts because the workshop wanted to charge me a huge amount of $$$ for parts I could source from the tuner/workshop at half the price.

So technically I never payed for the services undertaken to rebuild the bottom end. But they had to pull the bottom end apart anyway to have the block machined for the new pistons.... hence I never paid... And like I said "how can you destroy 3 pistons in a block and be confident no metal shavings etc had made its way into the sump?" This was my argument from they day I had the pistons in my hand...