Thread: Old wrx owner
View Single Post
Old 26-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Scoobie Noobie

WRXGC82000 at standard level
Default Got Evoscan talking to the ECU

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceman1991 View Post
I tried that method before on my own car when i was having problems, and nothing came up. But then plugged in a data scanner and a couple of errors did actually come up.
No new errors after getting Evoscan to talk to the ECU (I found the Evoscan interface a little unintuitive when there are no codes so will unplug something tomorrow to check).

Wow, Evoscan has the potential to unlock a LOT of information and was so easy to install and run. I'm sure a datalogged drive will be enlightening. I have to say I wasn't convinced it would work, but no dramas at all. I got the 1.3D USB cable (ES13D) and the software. Hoping it will also work with my 04 outback.

A s/h IACV gives a very slightly lower idle, it's at 855 now (based on evoscan), which I suspect is more accurate than the tacho which reads more like 950, but both valves do what they are supposed to and slowly bring the idle down from start-up and keep it stable.

Inlet manifold yet to come off as I loaned out my torque wrench to a mate! Since I can read the MAP with Evoscan, I wonder if I can use it as a pressure gauge for a pressure check...?