View Single Post
Old 15-06-2014, 03:52 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Captain Awesome at standard level
Default Evo X - 500BHP, no corn juice :(

Copypasted from my AL thread.

Finally gotten around to doing one of these! It will be more of a series of events and mods than a total build thread with things being added over time, as I've pretty much reached all my goals with her, except for an e85 tune.

She started out life as a brand new 2012 Evo X SST. I was the only person to ever test drive the car, and have been the only one to drive it since excluding delivery and tuners.
Coming from an STI, I was already well aware of 4cyl turbos losing puff above 5k rpm, and had already made conscious plans to rectify this , this will come later.
First mods were custom plates, varis front lip and a set of grey TE37SLs, 18x9.5+22. Since have painted them black, and they look a lot better.
The day I picked her up:

The wheels arive!

Parts fitted

After this I went a bit crazy on Nengun and RHD japan, ordered quite a few parts, The first to be fitted were a HKS SST Cooler, Okada projects coilpacks, and blitz radiator.
I then booked the car in to be worked on by Tokyo Motorsports, they put in a TMX-400 pack for me consisting of TMS spec custom exhaust, IC and turbo piping, new actuator, high flow air filter, HKS plugs and a basic tune. This kept me happy for all of two weeks before I decided it wasn't enough.
Engine bay after first TMS visit:

I took it back to TMS and had them put in a set of Tien monoflex suspension, DBA 5000 slotted rotors, cusco sway bar and PMU pads.
From here I bugged the shit out of TMS until they came up with a 500bhp package for me, and made a few little additions of my own and subbed some parts out for others.
We ended up going with;
ARC Intercooler
Gruppe M intake
HKS injectors, fuel pump, rail and sard FPR
Full samco silicone coolant piping
Garret GTX3701R turbo (Much more puff )
Full race headers
Custom lower IC piping (did this more for looks than anything else)
Advan AD08s
Blitz supervision boost gauge (upto 2bar)
Blitz MFD
SSP 500hp clutchpacks
Camtech 260/268 cams + DV springs and retainers
and a couple little cosmetic bits, beatrush side mount license plate, CF cover to go over where old license plate used to be, Forge aluminium coolant tank and power steering tank.

I may have left a couple bits off here and there but that's the general story behind my Evo . Just waiting on e85 now and i'm done, in no rush at the moment though.

Latest pic of bay I have (haven't taken one in a while, had a bit on):

Latest dyno sheet:

And a couple recent pics of the car as she sits today !
Minus the fog lights!

Thanks for reading chaps!