Thread: Betty blue
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

G'day,

I thought it was time for an update. I have added some new pics and some detail to the first page. Yes I know I am anal...

I am aiming to complete the eight rounds of the RAC sprint series this year, so far so good, four down and four to go.

Thanks to the addition of some lighter track rims, hankook semi-slicks, k-mac strut tops (for that mexican stance) and light weight battery my betty's handling and performance at the track has improved in leaps and bounds.

Last race I finally got to test my new pagid rs29 pads(front) and elf race fluid and was amazed at the improvement in braking performance.

I have ordered a harness bar from AGI Industries. When that arrives I will purchase a six point harness to go with it.

Link for the bar - http://www.google.com.au/url?url=htt...Sx77CtQ7tFpB5g

I am having it made without the eyebolt mounts so it was a tad cheaper. Hopefully it wont affect the handling of the car too much with it being attached to the rear strut mounts. The rear floor of the betty is pretty flat so I'm not expecting much change. Time will tell.

RussGt is making me a custom front drivers side extinguisher mount in anticipation of the doing some McRae sprint rounds later in the year/new year.

I'm looking forward to tackling more complex events but I want to complete a full RAC series first. It is a very safe venue to learn to push your limits.

As I gaze into my crystal balls I am seeing e85 in the near future but need Mindarie United to get it on as Padbury is just too far to justify the swap.

Looking forward to meeting more of you at the races getting sideways hopefully!

Cheers.

Last edited by nick73; 05-07-2014 at 02:03 PM.