View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by s20525xxx View Post
Imo GH wrx can make 300whp, My car made 297whp, cause I ask Mao to tune it ultra safe (10.3 AFR, absolute zero knocking correction on multiple runs, and 19 psi, boost spike to 20psi).

GH wrx has same injectors(565cc) and VF48 and VF52 is the same turbo with different shape of comp housing(due to the shape of tmic), U just need CAI, fuel pump, TMIC, Boost solinoid and inlet for a bit more response.

BUT the turbo and injector will be maxed out, and may not c the same number in summer (less dense air). PLZ get the kinugawa turbo, really wanna c the feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s20525xxx View Post
AND its knocking kills the engine, of course u cant run stupid amount of boost neither.

As American Dave said Too much boost will accelerate FATIGUE, shorten con rods and piston life. If under 16psi engine can has 10 million cycles, 18psi will c 7 million, 26psi will last 1 million, assuming nothing else goes wrong.

When Subaru made the recall on GRB sti (2008), it was the problem related to ECU, which is unable to correct knocking above 6000rpm. EJ257/255 cant take too much boost because its cast internal as opposed to forged ones (ej207).

Knocking at high boost and high rpm is lethal to any engine, much worse than lower boost, I think that is why tuner prefer tune the car to lower rpm. If sth goes wrong, ie water in the fuel, lower boost can control the damage to the minimum. Hence its called safety margin.

Not to high jack the thread or troll, just want some technical discussion.
Its funny how as a Mao customer you are suddenly talking/typing like him.

http://kap.industries/