View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Nice Dave. What does it involve? How fast do you go on the stages? Do you do all stages?
Involves proceeding through the stages at the time of road closure to ensure that stage teams, tag & tape, road closures, sos, chichane, etc are all getting in place and setup as required. We assist with tagging gates, bunting of roads, looking for any potential risks. ie. random car parked on a stage, spectators in areas they shouldn't be in, etc. We also carry extra equipment for the teams.

Yes, we do every stage except the Perth city stage on the Sunday, generally at road speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beernuts View Post
What people need to realise is that the cars that proceed the rally cars aren't just there for a bit of fun or a free entry into an event.

If I'm the first car after the Advanced or 000, 00, or 0 cars, I want to be confident that they have done their jobs right. To ensure the safety of the following drivers and Co drivers and most importantly the spectators. If they are not there for these purposes and only to see how fast they are going or comparing times with the actual racers then they need to have a rethink as to why they are there. Especially if they only have a bolt in or semi attached roll cage.
I don't know anyone on the course car team that is out there to see how fast they are going etc.
Most have been fulfilling their respective roles for years and know exactly why they are there.

Last edited by Saint_23; 11-08-2014 at 01:45 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saint_23 For This Useful Post:
AWDmoke (12-08-2014), RUSSGT (11-08-2014)