View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Scoobie Noobie

unkn0wn at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZENCI View Post
The worst is having to leave the car and than having one of the rev heads taking it for a "drive"

On one occasion BJ in Cannington took in my ke20 to get new tyres fitted etc. Having the powerfc I set the limiter to 4k rpm.
When I got the car back..."something is wrong the way the car drives, it goes than suddenly backs off"

I said nothing and left it

It's mainly the tyre fitters at these places you can't trust and they have no pride in what they are doing and slap on the tyres however causing damage etc. I say it only because I've seen some poor work being done.
I did a similar thing for the s13 @ a non local Tyre store, but i think i set it to 3.5k...confirmed my doubts when it was the apprentice test driving the car..but I watched him drive of down the road nanna shifting the entire way..could hear the car all the way down the road/hwy and he dident even try rev out a gear...so i was happy with that.

Tyre fittings not an overly skilled job, so there is definatley a few dead beats who work in these stores who don't give a f**k.
But of cause there's the other end of the scale, where a place takes pride in there work.

I allways go back to the same tyre place, i took them a pair of rustly split rims the first time i was in town. The guy spent about 40 miniutes on one rim trying to get the rims to unlock...the other was a bitch to but not as long..the owner dident even add an extra to the charge and ive gone back ever since.