Thread: My08 STI
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by s20525xxx View Post
Secondly, thanks to Mao to stay up to 10:30 to fit SBC iD twin solenoid EBC and tune my car. Blitz has its own PID boost control, takes out the slow ECU calculation.

The twin solenoid itself is lot bigger than my GS 3port solenoid (which will be up for sale soon). the factory control is deleted (c photos).

Car is tuned with four maps!!!, each has its own fuel and timing map. The highest number we achieved is 314WHP and 480 WTQ @ 23PSI (1.6bar), but over 100% injector duty cycle, so its just a trail run for fun, but still zero knocking!

Other three settings are 215WHP @ 10PSI (0.7bar); 260WHP @ 15PSI (1bar); 290 WHP @ 19PSI (1.3bar).

Car feels laggier below 3000rpm, but above it, it so much faster. The dyno sheet just cant tell the full story.

The only concern i found so far (30min of driving) is car back fires a bit, but its pretty cold tonight.
same style as my old evo-r tune.. peaky midrange with reduced top end. 1000k powerband really.. responds well to short shifting. used to kick like a mule on the way in compared to the new car but now i totally notice the fade out in the higher rpm. no action till 4000. boost and timing wound back in top end?