View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
Westpac (not our bank fortunately)...fucking useless bunch of idiots!

Settlement on my G/F's sold house and purchase of new house etc - 4 settlements in the chain:

Settlements booked for 11am Monday (booked a month ago), removalist booked for Tuesday, Westpac advise on Friday that they haven't got their paperwork ready because someone in their branch had forgotten to do a form, so they want to settle Wednesday. Finally agree they can get ready for Tues. Go to settlement and they refuse to clear a cheque from the first in the chain (we are 3rd in the chain)...settlement delayed to Wed...trouble is we have 2 removal vans full of furniture and owners of the new house (which is empty) unwilling to give us early possession. So go to settlement Wed....and all OK until....Westpac have cheque for purchase of G/F's house made out for the wrong amount...so another hour's delay until one of their staff gets it changed...fuckin hopeless! Finally settlement goes through Wed arvo.

So anyone one contemplating Westpac...steer clear.

But big thumbs up for G/F's bank...P&N Bank...fantastic to deal with and super efficient and patient.
Welcome to my world!
My life is a daily struggle of trying to tell people in the bank how to do their jobs correctly.