View Single Post
Old 19-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Sign me up!
STI Master

phoenix at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43 View Post
How old are they mate? Quality brand but doesn't seem to be much wear judging by the slots?
I was sort of wondering the same as you Burke. Never used Project MU before and was wondering if this is normal for them to do this or if something else has caused this?????

Got them 2nd hand and fitted July last year. When I got them from a mate of ours he said they had only done 7 rounds of the State Sprint series prior to me getting them. They looked in very good condition when I got them and had only a gnats cock of wear when measured. I got them skimmed before fitting and they have done about 6 rounds of the State Sprint and 3 rounds of the McRae series in total.

I was wondering if it had anything to do with bedding in when new or not having a chance to cool off properly after a run. One of my complaints about the sprint series is that you are not allowed outside the venue now when the comp is on so you cant take a slow drive up and down the road to cool things off. You used to be able to do this but isnt allowed anymore. At least you can do this at the Motorplex when you finish your run there.

If the person I got these off of is reading this please dont take offence. I am NOT having a go at you at all, pointing the finger or saying you have done something wrong I am just thinking aloud as to why they have started to crack so quickly. I used DBA5000 before and never had this happen to them. Maybe it is a bad batch or something??